K-6 Math Teacher Leader Network
Who K-6 teachers who form a cadre of practitioners knowledgeable about Mathematics Common Core Standards, and how to translate the Standards into classroom practice.
What The group meets twice a year and has a one-day conference in the spring. Participants engage in active, open-ended experiences related to:
- the Common Core Standards in Mathematics
- NCTM's Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
- the assessment system of Achievement and Diagnostic Tests
- how to make teaching and learning effective, engaging, and in line with the Standards
- a special emphasis on diagnosing and intervening with early mathematics learning difficulties